Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Monogrammed Fleece Blanket

This is my first time making a no-sew fleece blanket. I found a great tutorial for making one at Crafty Chic Mommy's blog. They're so easy to make and they make a cozy, warm gift for the holidays.

This one is for my 11 year old niece. She loves being a "tween" so I chose a tweenish dotted print. To personalize it, I added her name to the bottom-right corner. Here's how I did it...


First I typed out her name in Photoshop (you can use MS Word, or whatever program you have available) using Brush Script font. I normally don't like this font but it seemed to work for this purpose. I made the font really big and had to print out several pages to get the whole name printed. You can make the name as big or small as you like, and if you want you can just do a one letter initial.

I roughly cut out the letters and pinned them to the fleece, then carefully cut out each letter. Some of my letters were attached when they printed - the "ma" and the "nd".


Next, I carefully pinned the name onto the blanket...
And oh-so-carefully machine-sewed the edges of each letter using a purple thread.

That's it! A little "yes-sew" twist on the no-sew fleece blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment