Monday, May 20, 2013

Toddler Princess Room - Finished!

We finally finished the toddler princess room! It's so pink in here and our little girl loves it. Here are some photos of the finished room. Tutorials for most of the projects can be found on the "princess room" section of my blog.

Twin Bed: Living Spaces, Duvet: Emalina Rose, Ikea, Rug: Target, Paint: Valspar's Ribbon Pink


Dresser: Living Spaces, I embellished the Ikea mirror with pink rhinestones

Photos of our beloved pets hang near the door, and the birdhouse clock hangs above it. Click here for the clock tutorial

For the bed crown tutorial click here. For the pillow tutorial click here.

The rocking chair was a dark espresso color and the cradle was a thrift store purchase that was an aged, dirty white. Both were spray painted pink, and I made a mattress, pillow and blanket for the cradle. 

The bookcase had to be repainted for the room, and I added pink curtains and new pink knobs. For the tutu lampshade tutorial click here.


 

This "Candelier" and remote controlled LED candles are both from Amazon

Easy fabric-covered canvas wall art. Click here for the tutorial.

The grandparents' photos hang below my TJMaxx wall art.
I'm hoping the remodel will help my daughter sleep in her room more often. I can tell she feels more attached to her room now. She loves to go to her princess bed, turn on the nightlight, and have mommy read Alice the Fairy 3 or 4 times before falling asleep, then she escapes to our bed when she wakes during the night. At 2 1/2 she still doesn't sleep through the night, but I don't mind the extra midnight snuggles. I'm sure one day I'll be missing them.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment