Here's how I hung curtains on the vertical blind track...
The curtain panels are from Ikea. I only needed one set of 2 panels for this project. They're the Kajsamia panels.
1. Cut off the grommet top area of the panels.
2. Sew the 2 panels together in the middle so there's one big panel (I was able to line up the trees).
3. Finish the top edge (fold under twice and sew).
4. Measure the width and add a few extra inches so that the panels won't be totally flat when the curtains are closed. Cut and finish the side edge.
5. Now count how many hooks you'll need to attach to the panels. I had 33 "stems" in the track so I needed 33 hooks. The panel width was 107" so I divided that by 33 and got a rough estimate of how far apart the hooks needed to be.
6. I used these hooks from Jo-Ann. Getting them into the fabric is a pain on the fingers but it's probably because they're meant for lighter fabrics? If you can find something else to use, go for it. Just make sure they hang nicely on the stems of the track.
I used black foam core, some batting, some strips of cardboard, and a glue gun to make the valance. All the existing valance hardware is used, this project just gives it a face lift.
1. Cut strips of foam core any width you'd like. Mine are about 6 inches. I needed 3 strips and I attached them together using thin cardboard and hot glue to make one long strip. The strips are as long as the existing vertical blind valance.
2. Measure and cut some batting to wrap and hot glue around the foam core valance.
4. Now hot glue the old valance onto the back of the new valance, just in the middle. Leave the edges clear so that the old valance fits back into the clips on the track.
That's it, super easy. Thanks for looking!